Words fail to describe Martín Villalba in all his complexity. Perhaps interpretative dance would be a better medium, but alas, he cannot dance for the life of him. So we are stuck with text written by him in the third person.
From a professional point of view, we could say he's a PhD student of Computational Linguistics at Saarland University, Germany, where he spends his days gazing longingly into the horizon while his adviser wonders why he hasn't finished his thesis yet. He has published a couple papers (listed in the Research section), and he has even dared to teach once. Despite what some administrative staff would like you to believe, he did obtain his Degree in Computer Science in Argentina, at the University of Córdoba.
It is hard to say what he does in his free time, mostly because he cannot make up his mind and keeps jumping between hobbies. In no particular order, last year he was seen practicing piano, guitar, drawing, painting with watercolors, writing, learning German, programming, doing some system administration, running, playing videogames, and he might have even attempted to sing. It is also believed by some that he wants to be either a Youtube comedian, a radio host and/or a clown, but reports about this are still unclear.
He has traveled around quite a bit, and he is also a black belt in Shorinkan Karate-do and Seibukan Kobu-do. He only mentions this fact when nobody is listening.
Some questions you might have
- How can I contact you?
- You can reach me via contact - snail symbol - 7c0h.com.
- Do you have a PGP key I can use? I'd rather keep the NSA out of this.
- Good thinking. You can get my PGP key here.
- I found a nice picture in your website. Can I use it in <insert your project here>?
- Unless otherwise stated, all the content in this website is released under a Creative Commons license. As long as you follow those terms, we are cool.
Some other questions you weren't really planning on asking
- What's your favorite operating system?
- Unix. More precisely, Debian.
- Didn't you happen to have a blog a long time ago?
- Yes, I did - it was 7c0h.com.ar, which is no longer active. I saved the databases and files, though, so I'll upload translations of the best entries whenever I have the time.
- Which blogging platform are you using?
- Perl, with some bash scripts in between to glue all together. I wanted to write all of it in Bash to make a point, but it was a bit too hacky even for me.
- Are you that guy I met once doing karate?
- I might be. If you know of a Shorinkan dojo near me, or if you want to practice, please send me an e-mail. I have picked up Iaido in the meantime.
- Is it true that you have dinner at 10pm? Don't you get hungry?
- Yes, it's true. I don't get hungry because I have an extra meal around 6, called "Merienda". It's an Argentinean thing
- Tabs or spaces?
- What is your spirit animal?
- The Super Nintendo